Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Abuse; Story One; Story Disscussion

“Tracking me down when I was at work; telling me I was a bad wife and mother for having a career; following me to the supermarket or doctor’s office,” she explained.What started as a barrage of insults soon intensified into pressure to quit her job and move away from her family.Finally, one day Kathleen’s husband attacked her brutally, leaving her with a severe concussion. “The next thing I knew, I woke up at the hospital, actually asking for my husband because I did not remember a thing,” she said. ( http://www.womenagainstabuse.org/index.php/hear-our-stories/survivor-stories/kathleens-story ) In this story, I have not much to say. Kahtleen seems to be a strong young lady. She had a career and everything to keep her family happy and her horrible husband THE FATHER OF HER KIDS is beating her telling her shes a bad mother? for supporting her family. Its bad when you put her in the hospital. The pain and suffering she went through and she got up stronger than before. Today, Kathleen looks back, recognizing the tremendous strides she has made as a survivor of domestic violence. Despite the pain she still suffers from her physical injuries and the ongoing struggle to feel safe after intimate partner abuse, Kathleen has become a passionate advocate in the movement to end domestic violence. I got MAD RESPECT for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment